Frog

Frog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Kung Fu Tea - Caffeine of 1000 kicks

When you're done picking the cilantro from your teeth after Vietnamese in East Chinatown (see Cong Ly review), and you want something brewed to wash it down, what do you do?  There's no reputable Grumpy/Stumpy hipster cafes nearby...and Starbucks would be an ignominious end to your adventures.  So you stay in character and go somewhere like Kung Fu Tea.



KFT has that exciting Blade Runner feel, in a tiny package.  The room below is pretty much the whole place.


Now I personally regard tea as lightly tainted water, or a good iced sports drink when you're hot and thirsty.  Most of the time I'm not, and so drink coffee.  Kung Fu had a coffee menu, and I'm a sucker for stuff that's "Signature".  So I got a Large Signature Ice Coffee.




It came in one of those hermetically sealed bubble tea cups - and was ginormous, probably a 24-32 oz size.  Sorry, I didn't get a picture of the ice coffee.  But it was nice and strong, good but with a faint cardboardy taste.  It delivered even more caffeine than most coffees that size....I felt hopped up for hours (and way past sundown).

I'll give Kung Fu Tea a 6 out of 10 belly award.  Strong taste is good, but good taste is better.  Maybe next time I'll try the Green Wow Milk:


1 comment:

  1. I think I want to try the Ovaltine Slush...love these places.
    - AB

    ReplyDelete